What’s more aggravating than seeing your smartphone or laptop slowly but steadily run out of power as you travel? Fortunately, you don’t have to endure this. That’s because external battery packs let you plug virtually any tablet, smartphone or laptop computer into them.
Here’s a noteworthy fact: In 2012, companies with just one to 250 employees — what we commonly think of as small businesses — ended up being the victims in more than 30 percent of all cyber attacks.Continue Reading →
Want to buy the laptop that best runs Windows software? Then you may need to purchase a 13-inch MacBook Pro. At least that’s the advice from PC services company Soluto, which recently ranked Windows laptopsContinue Reading →
What does Microsoft have to do to avoid criticism? The company produced the Windows 8 operating system as a way to appeal to fans of both traditional keyboard-and-mouse-based computing and those who preferred touch-screen technology. So what happened?Continue Reading →
Are you guilty of one of the worst bad technology habits possible? Do you use the same password and login name for a large number of online sites? If so, you might be putting yourself at considerable risk.Continue Reading →
No one is perfect. Everyone has bad habits.Continue Reading →
Mobile devices have been often considered as more safe. Desktop and laptops, the theory goes, are far more vulnerable to hackers and cyber criminals. That’s true to some extent.Continue Reading →
Think size is all that matters when selecting a computer monitor? Think again. Different kinds of computer monitors boast different features.Continue Reading →
Hackers are getting ever more clever in regards to gaining access to the information stored on smart phones. And hackers are accomplishing this even though consumers protect their phones with lock-screen passcodes. As a current story on the Lifehacker technology Web site says, passcodes have never been a completely foolproof way to protect your smart phoneContinue Reading →
Wi-Fi Security – Tips from Marathon Consulting
About Marathon Consulting
Our staff of seasoned IT veterans have decades of experience in computer networking and Internet technology, enabling us to make an informed analysis of the technical issues involved in large-scale projects, and to deploy carefully-planned and thoroughly tested solutions.
- 06/13/2013 Keep the power with these battery packs
- 06/07/2013 Bad press notwithstanding, Windows still top OS
- 06/04/2013 Does your business have a cybersecurity plan?
- 06/04/2013 They’re not kidding: A MacBook named the best Windows laptop
- 05/29/2013 What’s wrong with Microsoft’s new logos?
- 05/23/2013 Are you sloppy with your online passwords? It’s time to change your habits
- 05/22/2013 How many of these bad tech habits are you guilty of?
- 05/14/2013 You might be surprised which mobile device is hacked the most
- 05/09/2013 Time to buy a computer monitor? Do your research
- 05/08/2013 Phone passcodes are far from hacker-proof